Sunday, June 1, 2008

new found knowledge

Ao Jorge and I arrived in Lima just a few days ago and it was not what I expected. Lima is actually very nice. As soon as we got off the plane we had to do a scavenger hunt through the whole city of Lima... which would've been fun if we had gotten any sleep the night before. Shortly after the scavenger hunt we got on a bus and rode 2 hours to get to a camp. The camp was really insightful, we learned bout how to do a lot of things. I met some people and made some new friends, one of which was our translater Elsa, who spoke better french than english. I got to practice both my Spanish and my French, since apparently there are a lot of french speakers in Lima. Jorge and I arrived in Lampa yesterday and met SiƱor Mindez, who is a very gracious man. Lampa in my oppinoin is way better than Juliaca, which is very dirty and crime ridden. I kind of feel like a cilebrity because every time I pass a group of people they start whispering about me... especially the girls. Well I hope that everyone back home is doing fine, I wish you well. TAKE LUCK!!!


-Austin

2 comments:

Bev said...

GOD WITH ME LYING DOWN

God with me lying down,
God with me rising up,
God with me in each ray of light,
Nor I a ray of joy without him,
Nor one ray without him
Christ with me sleeping,
Christ with me waking,
Christ with me watching,
Every day and night,
Each day and night.

God with me protecting,
The Lord with me directing,
The Spirit with me strengthening,
Forever and forevermore,
Ever and evermore, Amen.
Chief of chiefs, Amen.

I ran across this prayer in a book.
I thought of you when I read it.
Love,
Bev

Austin said...

thaqnks mrs. bev, that makes me feel a little better. I have tosing a song in spanish infront of a village tomorrow so that really helps.